Lemon Herb Shrimp Kebobs with Grilled Vegetables
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
- ½ cup olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp ground pepper
- 20 peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tails on (approx. 16-20 per lb.)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Rice pilaf, optional
Combine oil, lemon zest, juice, basil and ground pepper in food grade-safe plastic disposable bag. Add shrimp and refrigerate in marinade for 45 minutes.
Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat. Toss prepared peppers, zucchini, and onion with oil in Granite-Ware Grilling Pan. Place pan on grill; grill vegetables 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, remove the shrimp from marinade and thread onto 4 skewers. Brush lightly with marinade; then discard marinade. Place skewers on open grill, cook 3-4 minutes turning to brown all sides until shrimp is bright pink.
Divide grilled vegetables and shrimp between 4 plates. Serve with rice pilaf if desired. Serves 4